gnutls-devel

Re: [WIP] DTLS 1.0 preliminary patches

From: Jonathan Bastien-Filiatrault
Subject: Re: [WIP] DTLS 1.0 preliminary patches
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:42:29 -0400

Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos wrote:
I was thinking more of a set_transport in the long run with a DGRAM or
STREAM argument and with a transport protocol selector for UDP, SCTP,
DCCP and UDP-Lite. I guess gnutls_init_dtls could take those arguments
instead.

You mean for setting different push/pull functions? Those could be in
predefined macros that are explicitly called.

I was referring to DTLS over DCCP and SCTP having specific quirks (and specs, RFC5238 and draft-ietf-tsvwg-dtls-for-sctp-01). DTLS needs a way to be told it is using something other than UDP.

regards,
Nikos

Cheers,
Jonathan