gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?

From: Alexander Carver
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2012 23:02:58 -0700

On 6/4/2012 22:27, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
Alexander Carver<address@hidden>:
It's interesting that you say it's useless when gpsd's code turns it
on at startup (unless given the -b flag):

Gary didn't write that initializxation; I did.  My reasooning was that the
in-band PPS message would be better than nothing if there were no real PPS.

I'm not sure it's actually working correctly then. Although I do have a PPS signal from the GPS coming in on the DCD line, gpsd can't see it due to the sparc serial port driver (my PPS is currently brought into ntpd separately via a second serial port). Turning off that message helped reduce the wander in the time stamp reported by gpsd over SHM(0).