gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] PPS MID 52 (0x34) working?
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:56:26 -0700

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Alexander Carver
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6/5/2012 15:58, Gary E. Miller wrote:
>> Ah, yes, you did mention you were on NetBSD, don't have a copy here.
>> Does the driver support ioctl(TIOCMWAIT)?
>>
>> Since you are on BSD, I think ckeuthe prefers his PPS to go directly
>> to the kernel.  Not sure how *BSD does that.

At least on openbsd that happens via the nmea(4) line discipline. Open
the TTY, call the TIOCSETD ioctl(2), and the kernel does the
timestamping for you. I don't think that's been implemented anywhere
else.

> No TIOCMWAIT in sparc/BSD serial that I could see.  Kernel PPS is enabled on
> this system (kernel recompiled with the PPS option enabled).  That's present
> and working properly.

It doesn't appear to be present in any of the other BSDs, otherwise I
would've ported it to openbsd long ago.

-CK