gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate Hyperformance

From: IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Earthmate Hyperformance
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:40:26 -0400

Eric,

Whilst I indeed do not mind reading documentation of a technical nature, there is a rather significantly voluminous collective of it! Perhaps you can suggest a white paper, man page, recipe, etc... that will point me in the right direction and get me started.

Thank you again for your time.

V/R and 73,

Stuart

--

IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
NR N-NC JTF EAST DET UIC 84245

Las Vegas, NV / Boulder, CO / Philadelphia, PA / Beverly Hills, CA

(310) 358-0202 Mobile Phone
(215) 338-6005 Google Voice

e-mail: address@hidden

Quoting "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden>:

IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR <address@hidden>:
I am running Ubuntu 13.04 and it installs gpsd 3.6, is this variant
compatible with the Earhtmate Hyperformance?

Yes.

My first interest in the Hyperformance is to get PPS output for NTP,
how do I use gpsd to configure and attain such functionality?

Read the documentation; it will tell you.

The second interest I have is to use gpsd supply GPS positional data
to XASTIR. Not being a JSON expert, how would you recommend I
configure gpsd to achieve this?

Sorry, I don't know what XASTIR is.