gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Using a known location instead of WAAS/GLONASS/RTK/... for

From: Jobs, Steve
Subject: [gpsd-users] Using a known location instead of WAAS/GLONASS/RTK/... for corrections
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 02:04:39 -0000

Is it possible to pass a know location to gpsd and have it use that for error correction? I may be asking this question wrong so allow me setup the scenario. I have two matching receivers, in this case LS20031, one of which will be a base station and the other will be on a rover. Both will be running their own instances of gpsd. The rover will never travel more that 400 feet from the base station so they should almost always be sharing the same satellites. If I place the base station at a known location can I just find the difference between the signal and the known location and pass that to the rover as the correction? Or even better would be to have the base gpsd take the known position and then the rover could query the base gpsd for the correction and apply it to the signal it has received from its own gps receiver.

Steve