gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Modern cheap PPS -enabled GPS receivers, working fine with

From: Askar Ibragimov
Subject: [gpsd-users] Modern cheap PPS -enabled GPS receivers, working fine with GPSD?
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 19:50:41 -0000

Hello,

I have a quite old system where gpsd 2.36 is running. For some solid reasons I can not upgrade to recent version, as code of daemon was tweaked to support particular device. I however wish to employ instead a device that works fine with contemporary gpsd and provides PPS output, so I stay up to date. Based on tableĀ http://www.catb.org/gpsd/hardware.html, I think Trimble Lassen IQ would be great, but I have noticed that most of the devices there are not exactly being sold nowadays.

I appreciate a suggesions of contemporary, cheap devices thatĀ
- have 1PPS output
- can be connected on RS232 so I can plug it in and wire 1PPS into that
- otherwise connect to a PC and submit 1PPS signal in there to be picked up.

Thank you in advance, Askar