gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG

From: Venkatesh Sandilya
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Trimble accutime GG
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:00:25 -0500

Yes, a good sky view. No obstructions what so ever. I see at least 7 satellites in view in the xgps interface. Can I send you a screen shot of what I am seeing or output from any other program?

On Dec 12, 2014 2:50 PM, "Gary E. Miller" <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Venkatesh!

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:55:24 -0500
Venkatesh Sandilya <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes, the GPS is outside and has been there for a few days powered on.

And a good sky view?

> The cable length is approximately about 50 '. What is strange is that
> if I use a Trimble accutime gold model, everything works fine. When I
> run the xgps client program, it displays both  the lat/Lon and the
> UTC. Its only when I use the Trimble accutime GG (newer substitute)
> that I see there is no fix. I also got in touch with Trimble support
> group. They asked me which NMEA message is the software looking for.

gpsd takes pretty much anything you can throw at it.

> What program should I run to look at the raw GPS output?

This is an easy one, if it is in NMEA mode:  cat /dev/ttyS0

Assuming /dev/ttyS0 is the right device and is already at the
right speed.

Otherwise start gpsd in debug mode, like: gpsd -nN -D 5 /dev/ttyS0

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588