gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Compiling gpsd from scratch

From: David J Taylor
Subject: [gpsd-users] Compiling gpsd from scratch
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:29:21 -0000

Folks,

I have a Raspberry PI, where the gpsd version I get after an apt-get update is 3.6. I would like to test 3.11, but I can't find simple step-by-step instructions to compile gpsd after some searches with Google.

If there is a simple way to get 3.11 for the Raspbian OS, that would be preferable, otherwise if someone could point me to the step-by-step instructions for recompiling and installing a more recent gpsd I would be grateful. Although I am a Linux beginner, I have managed to rebuild a current version of NTP from the source so I'm hoping it won't be too complex to build gpsd.

Thanks,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden