gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] u-Blox M8 NMEA malformed GPGSV - fieldcount

From: Florian Kristen
Subject: [gpsd-users] u-Blox M8 NMEA malformed GPGSV - fieldcount
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 16:22:39 +0200

Hi,

i have buy a new GPS-Mouse for my navigation the Navilock NL-8002U with uBlox M8 Chip.

Now i have Problem with this. At NMEA i get the Error:

gpsd:WARN: malformed GPGSV - fieldcount 21 $ 4 != 0
and so on. If i deactivate this in the uBlox Center then it works for about 20 secounts than i loos all Satelites and i must restart gpsd.
If i aktivate the binary UBX Format it works fine and i get more satiles for a fix.
But after one aktivation with:
gpsctl -b  -D 5 -f -t "uBlox UBX binary" /dev/ttyASM0

it works fine and if i restarte the gpsd it set the NMEA format back. Than it is not posible to set with gpsctl to binary mode. It says that is not posible for this device. After i reset it wie uBlox Center than it is also posible to set to Binary.

Start gpsd -N -b -n -D 2 /dev/ttyASM0 the option -b have no effekt to stay in binary mode.

Have anyone a idee to fix this problem. I think Binary UBX is better but gpsd will not stay after restart in this mode.

Thanks

Best Regards
Flo