gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites

From: Alex Olihovik
Subject: [gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:58:56 -0500

Hi all,

When running cgps, all fields for tracked satellites (PRN, Elev, Azim, SNR, Used) are blank. I know by querying my gps without using any gpsd interface that there are 12 tracked satellites.

Is there something wrong with gpsd's method of querying the information on these satellites? If so, is there any hack I can use to get the right data?

My overall goal was to have both chrony and gpxlogger running in the background for the duration of the time the computer is on. I'd have to add the fields for tracking the satellites to gpxlogger, but found that information such as gpsdata->satellites_used was always set to zero. My gps is the Jackson Labs Firefly-1a.

From,
Alex