gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] STATUS_DGPS_FIX mystery

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] STATUS_DGPS_FIX mystery
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 18:34:17 -0500

I thought of something else.  My understanding, slightly fuzzy, is that
in DGPS mode, the output datum is what the reference station coordinates
are in, and you can't exactly tell.  But given where you are, you can
basically know.   I think that the NDGPS LF beacons in the US give you
coordinates referenced to NAD83, and I would be really surprised if WAAS
weren't the same, given the FAA bias and usage.

So it's extra important to know DGPS vs not.