gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix issues

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPS fix issues
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 11:06:42 -0700

Totally a wild guess: your receiver is returning a position estimate with very high DOP or a fix with the Alarm or Void flags set until it firms up its solution.

To see exactly what's going on, try running gpsd in foreground debug mode (eg. gpsd -nND3 /det/ttyS1 2>&1 | tee gpsd.log) to capture gpsd's internal state, and use gpspipe to see what's being passed through. You'll want to use both "gpspipe -Ro gpspipe.raw.log" and "gpspipe -wo gpspipe.gpsd.log".  Comparing these logs might give you some insight as to the cause of the delay.

Regards,
-C