gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Error when using remote gpsd as a source for local gpsd

From: B.W. Guffey
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Error when using remote gpsd as a source for local gpsd instance
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2016 12:07:38 -0400

On Sun, 2016-10-16 at 15:56 +0100, Carl Sutton wrote:
> On the laptop run:
>
> gpsmon 192.168.43.1:2947
>
> You should not need to run gpsd on the laptop, only the pc with the
> GPS device needs to run that.

Thanks for the fast response!

Indeed that works but I routinely use both sources...  My objective is
to tell Viking / Navit / gpxlogger to use the localhost gpsd, then let
gpsd decide which source is serviceable.

If it can't be done, it's all good.  It's just a hassle to re-configure
various clients.