gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd / systemd bug?

From: Carl Sutton
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd / systemd bug?
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 21:47:28 +0100

You should be able to run it with something like pm2 (process manager - http://pm2.keymetrics.io/). This will start the process and watch it so that if it crashes it will be restarted.

Easy to stick it in the start up script, again pm2 has the following:

pm2 startup
Which will figure out your system and do what is needed

It says "for nodejs" but it can run anything.

Carl Sutton
dogmatic69.com

On 25 October 2016 at 18:54, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Peter!

On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:00:38 +0100
Peter Collard <address@hidden> wrote:

> On a Raspberry pi the -G flag has no effect when using 'service' eg:
> sudo service gpsd start

gpsd does not really support systemd.  We recommend that gpsd
be started on boot and left running if possible,

I don't run systemd on any of my dozens of hosts, hopefully someone
else here does and can help.

Where did you get the systemd unit file you are running?

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588