gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD support RTCM corrections via Internet?

From: Bo Berglund
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Does GPSD support RTCM corrections via Internet?
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 10:35:44 +0200

On Thu, 3 May 2018 10:08:38 +0200, "Bo Berglund"
<address@hidden> wrote:

>In Sweden there is a public position correction service run by the national
>survey authority. It is called SWEPOS and it supplies correction data via the
>Internet.
>
>So what I would like to know is if GPSD supports reading corrections from an
>RTCM server
>in order to improve position accuracy?
>If so, how does one activate it?

To clarify:
I would like to know if GPSD can apply the corrections received from
the server to the positions received from the GPS unit via the
standard NMEA messages. I.e. can it work *without* sending anything
into the GPS unit itself?
I am planning to use a GPS module hooked into a Raspberry Pi which is
networked and am hoping to get better accuracy by applying the
corrections.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden