gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS

From: Miroslav Lichvar
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD SOCK output without PPS
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:16:33 +0200

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 12:29:54PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 12:50:33 +0200
> Miroslav Lichvar <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > If I understand it correctly, the socket is used only
> > for PPS-based samples, i.e. it provides the same data as SHM segments
> > with odd numbers.
>
> Nope.  "Use the source Luke!"
>
> Look in gpsd.c, at throttled_write().  And inside SOCKET_EXPORT_ENABLE.
>
> The socket interface is just the JSON interface.

If I'm reading the code correctly, writing to the chrony refclock
socket is separate from the code that writes (JSON) to sockets used by
gpsd clients.

report_hook() in timehint.c calls chrony_send() and ntpshm_put() to
write PPS samples to SOCK and SHM respectively.

all_reports() in gpsd.c calls ntpshm_put() to write non-PPS samples to
SHM, but there is no call to chrony_send().

--
Miroslav Lichvar