gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Coding Question

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Coding Question
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 23:51:36 -0800

Yo Roland!

On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 21:29:09 -0800
Roland Oswald <address@hidden> wrote:

> u-blox, um I think it is C94-M8P-2.

The eval board is the C94-M8P-2.  The GPS on it is a NEO-M8P.
Note that the NEO-M8P has two serial interfaces.  One for the
normal GPS stuff, and one for RTCM.

> cgps does work, so does xgps, and gpsmon.

Good.

> I need RTCM because I am working on Intelligent Transportation
> Systems and I need to have individual lane accuracy.

RTCM would only get you lane accuracy if the base station is
no more than a few kilometers from the rover.

> I have a trimble
> and am able to send the RTCM to it and get the corrected GPS,

Common.

> but I
> have to use the u-blox and the guy who showed me how to do it with
> the trimble said that he doesn't know how to use the u-blox with
> linux.

Linux is easy, the change from Trimble to u-blox not so much.

> If gpsd doesn't do RTCM, do you have any idea what I could
> use instead?

gpsd does not need to know RTCM to work for you.  Normally you
take the RTCM out of the base on the second serial port.  Then you
feed that into the second serial port of your rover.  That path
goes around, not through.  So gpsd is not in the loop.

You may need to tweak the u-blox config a bit with ubxtool to get the
base into static mode and sending RTCM.  Not too hard.

You probably need a u-blox M9P for lane level accuracy.

The only other option I can think of is RTKLIB.  More the sort of
thing that they do.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588