gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] gpsd 3.16 to gpsd 3.17 changes

From: Krishna
Subject: [gpsd-users] gpsd 3.16 to gpsd 3.17 changes
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 12:49:01 +0530

Hi All,.

We are using u-blox UBX-M8030 GPS module in the ARM based target platform.

We were using gpsd 3.16 with libgps c library and gps functionality was working fine. gpsd 3.16 was able to recognize the UBX module and using libgps c library, we were able to get the location details.

Please refer to attached log (gpsd_3.16.log)

Now we have switched to gpsd 3.17 and gps functionality is not working as expected.

We are getting following error when gpsd started

gpsd:PROG: Probe not found "iSync" driver..

Also, after sometime gpsd is reducing the speed to 4800bps.

using libgps c library, we were not able fetch the location data from gps (even though raw data –NMEA data is coming on /dev/ttyLP2).

It looks like we are missing some configuration with respect to gpsd 3.17.

Whether we need to do any specific configuration when we are migrating to 3.17?

Please provide your suggestion to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Krishna