gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Strange loss of 3d fix

From: Svenn Are Bjerkem
Subject: [gpsd-users] Strange loss of 3d fix
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 21:28:33 +0200

Hi,
when I mount zed-f9P (with ublox antenna) in the best place I have available regarding clear sky, I loose 3d-fix after about one minute. If I place it in the south-facing window of my office, I have 3D fix for thousands of seconds. Loosing fix means all the calculated parameters are lost as if I just plugged in the gps.

When observing the gps in my office, I see that there is a "batch" of json data being transferred to cgps. This is approximately when the "loss" of fix happens in my base station location. I am on laptop battery with no wlan at that point.

I think I need some help to find out which baud rate the autobauding is setting and if the NMEA is turned off when autobauding finds out that this is a ublox device. I am investigating if the massive "good" data is causing some lockup in the uart chain.

linux, gitlab:master:LATEST zed f9p ver 1.11

and I try to reboot the gps by sending a HOTBOOT, but then gpsd stops receiving. Is there a way to reboot a gps and retain the connection to gpsd? Closing down and pulling the plug is the way I do now.

--
Svenn