gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] SOLVED: Re: gpsd clients on debian 10 buster

From: pisymbol .
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] SOLVED: Re: gpsd clients on debian 10 buster
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 21:39:27 -0400

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:18 PM Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 28 Aug 2019 17:37:08 -0700

Just for the halibut, I googled on that text. One result said to
install python-gi-cairo. Apparently this is not the same as
python3-gi-cairo, which I already had installed. That solved that
problem. xgpsspeed now also works (and looks very nice!).

Bernd, is this thread enough to give you what you need to know, or
shall I file a bug at Debian?

Thank you.

Yeah, you beat me to it! But good job!

The problem is you didn't state if you were using Python 2 or 3. But installing versions for both won't break anything - the interpreters will use the correct respective libraries.

-aps