gpsd-users

AW: Decreasing number of used satellites

From: Wielant, Ulrich
Subject: AW: Decreasing number of used satellites
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 12:30:38 +0000

Hi all,

I updated to gpsd 3.23.1 (I hope 3.23.1 is current enough...)
I still have problems with the number of used satellites.

 I have attached the output of cgps and gpsmon captured at rather the same time.

The GPGSV and GNGSA NMEA sentences describe a large number of satellites.
The SKY JSON object in cgps indicate that none of them are used.

Greg, can you tell me, why the gpsd indicates that none of the satellites are
used?

Please tell me if you need any other information.

Thanks!
Ulrich

Ulrich Wielant
LEONARDO Germany GmbH
Embedded Systems

Raiffeisenstrasse 10 - 41470 Neuss - Germany
u.wielant@leonardogermany.com
www.leonardogermany.com