gpsd-users

Re: Coordinates of AIS targets

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Coordinates of AIS targets
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 12:29:38 -0700

Yo Владимир!

On Sun, 7 May 2023 13:45:32 +0300
Владимир Калачихин <v.kalachikhin@gmail.com> wrote:

> I develop of AIS flow simulator. It's generally works,

Cool.  What version of gpsd?  There have been a few recent changes to the
gpsd handling of AIS.

> but:
> the OpenCPN and SignalK understands my AIS sentences and display
> targets in correct coordinates, but gpsd not.

Odd, I'd need to see your raw AIS to make a gues.

> Obviously, I am not creating AIS sentences in accordance with the
> specification that the gpsd follows when parsing sentences.

Not so obvious, could also be a gpsd bug.

> Which specification exactly does the gpsd follow? url?

From the file gpsd/gpsd_json.c. starting at line 2377:

 * AIS defined in ITU-R M1371-5 (2014)
 *
 * https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/ais-class-a-reports
 * https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/ais-class-b-reports

If you look, you can find the standard ITU-R M1371-5 online in various
languanges.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588