Re: [groff] 05/05: groff_man.5.man: Make editorial fixes.

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: [groff] 05/05: groff_man.5.man: Make editorial fixes.
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 12:46:35 -0500

On 6/29/19, Ingo Schwarze <address@hidden> wrote:
> As far as i understand, it is true that "\&" has value to suppress
> end-of-sentence recognition only at the end of an input line.

"Value" is subjective, but it does function that way in the middle of
an input line (best seen by making sentence spacing very large):

.ss 12 48
Bogus Inc.  sells snake oil at very competitive prices.
.br
Bogus Inc.\&  sells snake oil at very competitive prices.

I wouldn't argue that the above construction is useful, but the man
page should document the way groff works, regardless of a particular
construction's usefulness.