stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages for groff project

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: stale directory in CVS-managed WWW pages for groff project
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 08:21:11 -0500

Hi folks,

There is a stale directory in the GNU groff project's website.

https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/manual/html_node/

This corresponds to the groff 1.22.4 release, which is nearly 5 years
old.

The directory also shows up in ViewVC.

https://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/groff/groff/manual/

However it is _not_ present in my CVS checkout.

Is there a way for me to force the deletion of the stale directory, or
replace it with a symlink to the now-canonical location?

https://www.gnu.org/software/groff/manual/groff.html.node/index.html

My memories of CVS are that it didn't handle symlinks well.

Does this require administrative intervention?

Any advice is appreciated.

Regards,
Branden