Re: Help with citations in groff

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Help with citations in groff
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 17:50:46 -0600

On 12/1/23, Darris Hawks <darris@hawkslegal.com> wrote:
> There are a couple of things that are unclear to me after reading the
> manual for GNU refer.

Hi Darris,

Can you clarify what documentation you were reading--and, if it was
the refer(1) man page, which version of groff you have installed?

I ask because this man page was heavily revised between the prior
groff release (1.22.4) and the current one (1.23), much of it in
response to user feedback about its usability (for example,
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?57667).  But it'd be good to know if
there are still unclear parts in the 1.23 version of the man page.