Re: Updating eqn

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: Updating eqn
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2023 14:00:30 +1100 (AEDT)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2023, Carl Milsted wrote:

Also, I'm contemplating making a version of eqn which supports far more symbols. I was figuring on just using the TeX names without the annoying backslashes and adding them to the list of pre-made macros. (Actually, I'd do a separate list in order to be able to turn off this feature.) The procedure looks pretty straightforward.

What symbols do you want?

(And one of these days I'd like to support cube roots and subscripts and superscripts on the left side of symbols. I'd like to bring eqn's capabilities closer to those of TeX. I hate typing in all those backslashes.)

You just do a subscript or superscript of nothing immediately preceding
the primary subject, e.g. to produce a left subscript of 'x':

        "" sub 3 x

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International ..... 20D Grose St, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer