Re: Ornamented Page Borders

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Ornamented Page Borders
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2024 20:36:56 +0100

> Also, does anyone perhaps have/host a collection of pic
> decorations one might browse and/or add to? I don't even
> know if using pic for that is standard

I myself would probably just program the pattern and the border
in Postscript.

But if you're using pic, here are some additional suggestions.
If you want the border to go all the way to the edges of the
paper, set the page offset and the vertical spacing to something
close to zero at the beginning of the page, draw the border
with pic, and then set the desired values for the page text.
Also, set the maximum picture size to the page size (in inches;
fiddle with all these numbers to center the picture on the page;
ideally, tune the spacing of the border elements so that the
aspect ratio of the entire border picture has the aspect ratio
of the page minus any optional empty outer edge).
Additionally, you might need to disable vertical traps so as
not to trigger a new page while drawing a picture that spans
the full height of the page.

.po 2p
.vs 4
.mk