grt-talk

Re: [grt-talk] Picking targets. Was: Some suggestions.

From: Nikodemus Siivola
Subject: Re: [grt-talk] Picking targets. Was: Some suggestions.
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:53:24 +0300 (EEST)

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Anton N. Mescheryakov wrote:

> Someone asked me for a patch, if anybody remembers.

So I did -- well, suggested at least. Though I must say that the examples
you provided seem to favor terseness instead of clarity: it's by no means
obious to me what OP3* does and how it's supposed to be used. But it's
getting late and I maybe just tired. How does it look to others?

Sometimes three lines are better than one.

> in progress is somewhat obscure. So let's discuss that to do and in
> which order, or I'm too exacting and lame?

No, but you remind me of something I've been meaning to say for a fair
while now.

GRT is my baby.

There. Now I've said it. What do I mean by it? Not much, just that while
everything is open to discussion, I hold the final veto. Of course, anyone
is free to fork it to their hearts content.

Ok, back to topic at hand. The feature list for 0.2 is pretty much set and
the work divided, but do you have something in mind? There are basically
two ways things can work:

 a) You say that you are doing foo. When you are done you provide a patch.
    It (hopefully) gets integrated.

 b) You ask what needs doing. Things are suggested. You pick one. Work
    proceeds.

Cheers,

  -- Nikodemus