Re: Happy birthday, Guile! - grid printing

From: Linus Björnstam
Subject: Re: Happy birthday, Guile! - grid printing
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 17:21:40 +0100

SRFI 166/159 is like a Swiss army knife of formatting. (ice-9 format) on
steroids if you will, running through molasses (it is about 3x slower than
format).

It does columnar formatting, which with a bit of coercion could be made to
cover your library (from what I gather from the tests). It will probably be
slower though, since it uses call/cc to be able to handle streaming data. And
it is user extensible which format strings never (?) are

It is probably my all time favourite SRFI, up there with irregex. Both by the
same author, no less :)

--
  Linus Björnstam