Guile-OSC: Open Sound Control library for Guile

From: Thomas White
Subject: Guile-OSC: Open Sound Control library for Guile
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 20:58:06 +0200

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to mention a new project, Guile-OSC, which connects Guile
to Open Sound Control (http://opensoundcontrol.org/).  It's a thin
wrapper around liblo (https://github.com/radarsat1/liblo), aiming for
just enough abstraction to enable idiomatic Scheme code.

Repository is here: https://github.com/taw10/guile-osc

With this, you can connect your Guile programs to physical control
devices with buttons, faders and knobs.  There are hundreds of such
devices available, here are some randomly-selected examples:
https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/xonek2
https://store.djtechtools.com/products/midi-fighter-twister
https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0B1X
A small interface program is usually needed to convert the native
protocol (usually MIDI over USB) to/from OSC, but there are many
options.

In my case, I'm using Guile-OSC it as part of my theatrical lighting
control DSL, Starlet (https://github.com/taw10/starlet).

Comments/pull requests/bug reports welcome!

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw@bitwiz.me.uk> <taw@physics.org>
https://www.bitwiz.me.uk  https://github.com/taw10