Directly compiling Scheme to WebAssembly: lambdas, recursion, iteration!

From: Christine Lemmer-Webber
Subject: Directly compiling Scheme to WebAssembly: lambdas, recursion, iteration!
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 13:59:59 -0400

The Hoot team (meaning really Andy Wingo and Robin Templeton) have been
hard at work bringing that dream to life.  We don't have full r7rs-small
scheme *yet* but... we're on our way! :)

Here's an update!

  https://spritely.institute/news/scheme-to-wasm-lambdas-recursion.html

And yes, there's real code!  It does require a development version of
Guile though... Guix makes this easy to run though, thankfully:

  https://gitlab.com/spritely/guile-hoot/

Well, "make check" is easy to run, I should say.  We're not at the point
where you can pick up and use this for your projects yet.  But that's
the goal obviously... and we're on our way!

Happy hacking!
 - Christine Lemmer-Webber, the Spritely Institute, and the Hoot team