Re: Alexon: the easiest tool for cloud native written in Guile

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Alexon: the easiest tool for cloud native written in Guile
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2023 02:19:56 +0800

Well, it's not the first people who asked me so. As a daily Guix user, I
think Guix bundle can replace Docker image for the container. And the
bootup time is faster than docker image.

So I made a container abstract to support more container implementations in
case I want add other container include Guix as an alternative.

However, there are two factors changed my mind to add Guix in this stage:

1. Docker can create subnet for isolation, but I didn't find the feature in
Guix.

2. Alexon is aiming for commercial product deployment, the customers care
about the software supplychain very much nowadays. Debian/Ubuntu or other
top distros have long term efforts to establish good faith among the
customers, but they still doubt GuixSD as an enterprise level distro in no
more than 10 years.

Anyway, Guix is always the interesting topic, and Alexon is always waiting
for advices or contributions. :-)

Best regards.