Re: [ANN] Guile-SMC 0.6.2 released

From: Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: [ANN] Guile-SMC 0.6.2 released
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2023 13:57:46 +0200

Hello Artyom,

"Artyom V. Poptsov" <poptsov.artyom@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide!
>
>> Very cool!
>
> Thanks.
>
>> Can Guile-SMC be used as a linter for plantuml?
>
> Yes, to some extent.  The thing is that Guile-SMC currently supports
> only a small subset of PlantUML format.  Namely it can read PlantUML
> state diagrams (obviously that was first priority for me to implement),
> but even here not all diagram features are supported.
>
> With that said, I'm planning to expand the supported subset of PlantUML
> state diagram features in the near future.

That sounds great.

> As the core parser of PlantUML format itself is compiled from PlantUML
> description with Guile-SMC, it is quite easy to add new features from
> my experience.

Just out of interest: can you post a part of the code you really like?

(I’m currently working on a webservice for work that has a state machine
in the background and it would be interesting to me to see whether I
could build a simple version of it with Guile for fun ☺ — trying to find
more elegance in this)

Best wishes,
Arne
--