Re: Quiet compilation for scripting

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Re: Quiet compilation for scripting
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:51:51 -0400

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024, Keith Wright <kwright@keithdiane.us> wrote:

>>> I think the OP is fine with autocompilation (I even guess they expect
>>> it, i.e. changing the source file and getting old behaviour would be
>>> a surprise), they just want it to happen silently (as Tomas has hinted
>>> at).
>>
>> Not possible unfortunately :-(
>
> Why would this be unfortunate?  This seems like a feature (non-bug).

I think most of Guile user actually want this feature for a long time.
I can understand.

> If it is autocompiling something you think is already compiled
> then either your thought or the build/make/autocompile system is
> buggy.

It depends.  You do not want to auto-compile script do you?  You
certainly do not want user to see this after installing your script.  As
for none-script files, I actually like the auto-compile warning.  It
tells me about changes in my project.

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.ca