Re: Shelling

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Shelling
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 11:30:00 +0100

Hi Tom,

I do write my shell scripts in Guile. For added nicety, I usually deploy
these scripts using Guix's G-expressions. This lets you easily manage
the dependencies of that script, and deploy to remote machines
effortlessly. See
https://systemreboot.net/post/deploy-scripts-using-g-expressions for
more details if you're interested.

Here's a more complex example of a guile script:
https://issues.genenetwork.org/topics/deploy/uthsc-vpn-with-free-software
This script connects to a university VPN. The script couldn't have come
together so nicely without Guile or Guix. The complete script itself is
at https://issues.genenetwork.org/topics/deploy/uthsc-vpn.scm

Cheers!
Arun