guix-devel

Re: graphical installer

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: graphical installer
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 07:47:29 -0500

Le 4 février 2020 07:26:46 GMT-05:00, Efraim Flashner <address@hidden> a écrit :
>On Tue, Feb 04, 2020 at 12:46:27PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 12:36, ng0 <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > a territory "Other" or just any continent and country combination
>> > (in the Locale step).
>> > My motivation is that I usually have an en_US.UTF-8 locale in
>> > Germany. I don't think it's a common case, but I think I'm not
>> > a special exception.
>>
>> I have en_GB.UTF-8 in France.
>> So no special exception. ;-)
>
>Perhaps we could have a suggested list at the top and then a full list
>of all the options (without deduplication) under them.

The territory is the one for the locale, it has nothing to do with your current
location. If you are in Germany and want en_US, select US. If you are in France
and want en_GB, select UK. Maybe we can improve the text to avoid this
confusion? "Which territory's conventions do you want to use for that
language?" or something, maybe