guix-devel

Re: Guix search, colors and INSIDE_EMACS

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Guix search, colors and INSIDE_EMACS
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:11:55 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 15:11, Ludovic Courtès <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> The issue is that the highlight is not done and I am not happy with it. :-)
> >> Have you a fix for that?
> >
> > What do you want to do exactly?  Underline the links?
>
> It’s up to the terminal emulator to do that (VTE does that, Eterm does
> some fancy animation.)

The (minor) issue is that the OSC is not always supported and some
terminal emulators are not doing the correct thing. For example EShell
or (incorrectly build) Mate of Trisquel.
Therefore, instead of displaying this special character, just print
the full path of the generation file and the commit url.
However, I miss something about the 'highlight' function because when
chaining the bold face of 'Generation' disappears.

Well, it does not matter so much because EShell fixes the issue in the
next release, I guess.

Cheers,
simon