guix-devel

Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Thank you, Guix! [I Love Free Software Day]
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 01:07:27 +0530

Hi,

It's February 14, I Love Free Software Day[1]. Instead of the usual bug
report, feature request or some other form of complaint, today I would
like to show some gratitude. :-) I wish to thank the Guix community for
pouring so much of their free time into making Guix as great as it is
today.

I would like to thank the Guix community for being a warm and welcoming
crowd. I joined the community as a newbie who knew very little. And, if
I have stayed this long, it is only because of the friendly and amicable
culture of the Guix community.

I want to thank our packagers who take on the enormous task of packaging
all known software in the universe and the often Sisyphean task of
maintaining all those packages. Even more so, I would like to thank our
selfless patch reviewers who take on the unglamorous work of reviewing
the ever increasing torrent of patches Guix receives these days.

Hope to meet you all in person some day! :-)

Thank you!
Arun.

[1]: https://fsfe.org/campaigns/ilovefs/