guix-devel

Re: New build system: copy-build-system

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: New build system: copy-build-system
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:52:29 -0700

On Mon, 2020-02-17 at 08:56 +0100, Pierre Neidhardt wrote:
>       Error verifying signature: Failed to execute gpg.
> Hi Jesse,
>
> thanks for sharing, I'll include it with the patch then.
>
> > Since I'm patching one of the scripts to play better with guix, the
> > source will become a tarball. I would rather not worry about
> > extracting
> > everything, moving some things, and deleting what is not used.
>
> What do you mean with this?

Sorry if I confused you.

The package I shared will need to be adjusted because I'm not sure how
to configure the copy-build-system. It was also in an early stage, and
the source itself will need some changes for the package to work. I
only sent it to help you test copy-build-system, since you asked for
suggestions.

The package as I sent it, even if changed to use the copy-build-system,
is not ready to be sent to to guix because it will not find java or the
clojure jar built by guix. I already have a patch to correct this, and
intend to send it with the rest of the package when I can call
"clojure" from bash in an pure environment with the clojure package and
enter a clojure repl.

IIUC, copy-build-system is based on gnu-build-system, so it should work
the same with tarballs and directories. That means it should be a time
saver; I won't need to worry about changing things if I need to add a
patch to make a package work with what guix does. Thank you so much for
this build system :)

-Jesse