guix-devel

Re: 13/15: gnu: libreoffice: Fix ‘soffice’ in a pure environment.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: 13/15: gnu: libreoffice: Fix ‘soffice’ in a pure environment.
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 19:19:45 +0100

Ludo',

Ludovic Courtès 写道:
I strongly encourage using literal strings as patterns, it’s more robust. In this case, you could replace the ‘for-each’ expression with
something like (untested):

  (substitute* "desktop/scripts/soffice.sh"
    (("\\<(dirname|grep|uname)\\>" _ cmomand)
     (which command)))

WDYT?

Yeah. I use substitute*'s wonderful pattern matching all the time, probably more than most. I have no idea why it didn't occur to me here.

I'll push this to staging, libreoffice users have been suffering enough rebuilds lately.

Thanks!

T G-R