guix-devel

Re: Binary descriptors for OpenCV

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Binary descriptors for OpenCV
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 17:08:35 +0200

Hi Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

[...]

>> Yes, the problem is machine-learning output comes up more and more
>> frequently.
>>
>> I agree we need to come up with a policy (I’m a bit torn on this and not
>> too sure what I’d put in there.)  Maybe we should set up a working group
>> with interested parties to draft something; who’s in?
>
> I don't feel specially qualified to discuss this issue; perhaps it'd
> best be left to the people the FSF to draft new guidelines / expound the
> GNU FSDG with these new realities?

I agree we should take input from free software activists both within
and outside the project.  My experience is that the FSF may not be as
active as we’d like, as evidenced by the gnu-linux-libre mailing list
discussions, but there are certainly other projects looking into this in
very concrete terms, such as Debian.

Ludo’.