guix-devel

Re: Vim helper config for Guix

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Vim helper config for Guix
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:36:13 +0200

Hello Efraim,

Am Thu, Apr 04, 2024 at 09:43:02AM +0300 schrieb Efraim Flashner:
> Most of the line indentation works pretty well. Vim, by default for lisp
> languages, hardcodes an indent as 2 spaces, and I haven't gotten around
> to learning how to write an indentexpr to make it work for guix. As a
> result some of the indentation is close but not quite correct

actually I would suggest to change to a standard (such as "always 2 spaces")
that is easy to remember by a human; as far as I understood, almost nobody
knows how this Guix indentation works, one needs to either use Emacs or
copy-and-paste. Since mistakes in the current system seem to be unavoidable
without special tooling, maybe we should change the definition of "mistake"
instead of wasting time for the tooling.

I do not know whether there is a reason to sometimes indent only by 1.

Andreas