guix-science

Re: Hackatathon: 27th June! Let redo ReScience C.

From: Etienne B. Roesch
Subject: Re: Hackatathon: 27th June! Let redo ReScience C.
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 18:14:04 +0100

Ludo, Simon,

I'll spare you the details, but I am organising a hackathon with students from various campuses, in a few weeks, and I have decided to propose as a project that we review the doc for guix, hoping that managing a (small) horde of beginners will identify gaps and maybe produce useful insights/content.
Any comment, recommendations, steer welcome.

Thanks for your talk Ludo this week, very cool!

Etienne (Reading, UK)

On Wed, May 31, 2023 at 11:33 AM Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Ludo,

On Wed, 24 May 2023 at 15:31, Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> wrote:

> We seasoned users (Simon, Konrad, myself, and anyone who feels
> qualified) should prepare upfront to get a more precise idea of the
> tasks involved and how we can onboard people.

Are you volunteering? ;-)

It could be nice if we can have a list of papers from ReScience C.
Then, it could helpful to spot out the tasks and how to start for
Guixifying the paper.

Well, I am pretty busy until Monday, 19th of June but I can dedicate
some time for preparing these tasks after this date.

WDYT about first collect some papers from ReScience C?

Cheers,
simon