guppy-announce

[Guppy-announce] Guppy 1.0.1RC1 Release Candidate

From: Tony Tsui
Subject: [Guppy-announce] Guppy 1.0.1RC1 Release Candidate
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 00:46:08 +1100

Hi,

Its been a while since the last release. I want to make a 1.0.1 release
which fixes problems with running Guppy on newer distros, i.e. FC6 and
Ubuntu Edgy. But before make the final release I'd like some feedback on
this release candidate.

Also for 1.0.1 I've made Debian packages for Guppy and Puppy (AMD64
binary only ATM). I'd appreciate it if people can test out the Debian
package.

The Debian package also contains support for running Guppy as a non-root
user but I've only tested this on Edgy.

Fedora Core 6 Package:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/guppy/guppy-1.0.1rc1-1.FC.noarch.rpm
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/guppy/puppy-1.11-1.FC6.x86_64.rpm