gurlchecker-devel

Re: [gurlchecker-devel] [libxml2] how to solve gURLChecker 0.7.6 compila

From: Dag Wieers
Subject: Re: [gurlchecker-devel] [libxml2] how to solve gURLChecker 0.7.6 compilation problem
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:25:32 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Emmanuel Saracco wrote:

> for redhat users: they can download new libxml2 release (official rpm
> update are too old) on: ftp://xmlsoft.org/
>
> gURLChecker should compil without any problem with the last release.

What is too old ? I was already packaging 2.5.11 for RH90 and RHFC1
already ships with 2.5.11 and that's the latest 2.5 release.

I can't force users to go to libxml 2.6 because gurlchecker needs it.
Unless there's a guarantee that it is completely compatible with
packages that link to older 2.5 shared libraries. Is the libname identical
in libxml 2.5 and libxml 2.6 ?

--   dag wieers,  address@hidden,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --