gwl-devel

Re: Preparing for a new release

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Preparing for a new release
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:39:40 +0100

zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> Does this work?
>
>  --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>  process foo
>    inputs
>      . "something"
>      . samples: "a" "b" "c"
>      # { echo {{(pick second inputs:samples)}} }
>  --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> or   # { echo {{(pick second samples: inputs)}} }
>
> Because it is enough to usual needs, I guess.

No, this won’t work because {{…}} is only for simple variable
interpolation; it does not support anything with a space in it.  That’s
on purpose to avoid conflicts with the embedded language syntax.

You will need to define a local variable first and reference that:

process foo
  inputs
    . "something"
    . samples: "a" "b" "c"