health-dev

[Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint

From: Mathias Behrle
Subject: [Health-dev] [bug #63535] Unused field notes_complaint
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2022 15:09:44 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #63535 (project health):

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> Thanks, Mathias!
>
> Indeed notes_complaint is obsolete field. We'll remove it on 4.2
>
> The Chief Complaint (CC) and History of Present Illness (HPI) are part of
the standard evaluation record. They go together in the "SOAP" note.
> The CC is a very short annotation using the patient's own words, while the
HPI is a thorough description of the problem / condition.  We can put a
tooltip in both fields.

I think tooltips are a good idea to explain the intended usage of those
fields.

I agree that standards should be adhered to, but sometime standards seem not
to be esatblished by real life work.

>From https://www.aapc.com/blog/42585-chief-complaint-required/

"If the patient record does not reflect a chief complaint, the service is
either:

    A preventive service; or
    Unbillable.
"

So in the case of e.g. a Corona immunization there is nothing in the CC and it
is difficult to write something into HPI, because there is no illness. But
yes, a standard is a standard... ;)

Cheers,
Mathias

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?63535>