health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] GH 4.4 - Setup

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] GH 4.4 - Setup
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 08:28:17 +0000

Hi, Axel
On Sun, 26 Nov 2023 18:19:28 +0100
Axel Braun <axel.braun@gnuhealth.org> wrote:

> Hey Luis,
>
> I have just build and published the current state of development for
> GH 4.4
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/Application:ERP:GNUHealth:4.4/gnuhealth

Great!
We're in beta now and should reach RC1 by next week.

> I noticed that setup.py is still used. Are you planning to switch
> this to wheel before release?
Not for 4.4 . We have migrated MyGNUHealth on the new pyproject.toml
format, and I plan to do the same for HMIS in 5.0.

BTW, I notice that  Tryton still uses setup.py on 7.x, so it might be a
good idea to check if there is any particular reason.

Bests,
Luis