health

Re: [Health] Stone Web Viewer

From: p . rosik
Subject: Re: [Health] Stone Web Viewer
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 20:34:16 +0200

Hi Matthias,

once again many thanks! I took your advice and contacted the Orthanc community.

Have a nice weekend
Patryk

Am Freitag, Juni 30, 2023 09:57 CEST, schrieb Mathias Behrle via Health <health@gnu.org>:

* p.rosik@stud.uni-hannover.de: " [Health] Stone Web Viewer" (Thu, 29 Jun 2023
14:02:15 +0200):

Hello Patryk,

> I had asked Mr. Jodogne some questions about the Stone Web Viewer in the
> context of my master thesis, but unfortunately I did not receive an answer
> and therefore I turn to you.

I think it could be a good idea to gather for information/feedback at
https://discourse.orthanc-server.org/

Developers are likely overloaded when it comes to personal community support.

> 1. I suspect like most open source DICOM Viewers there is no approval for the
> Stone Web Viewer (FDA/CE etc.). Could you explain me where you see the
> problem to get appropriate approvals (e.g. technical requirements, time,
> money, etc.)?

Well, the FAQ at https://book.orthanc-server.com/plugins/stone-webviewer.html
says:

Can I use the Stone Viewer in a medical environment?

The Stone Viewer is not a Medical Device; it is not CE marked or FDA approved.
The Stone Viewer is free and open-source software that cannot be used for
diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.

However, the viewer can be used as a communication tool that allows
researchers, teachers, technicians, medical physicists, general practitioner or
patients to visualize medical images for information only.

Check out your local regulations to ensure you’re using it in a legal manner.

As I read it the Stone Viewer was (or is currently) not intended to be a
an FDA or CE certified plugin, it is presumably a lot of work to do. My take
would be that such a certification requires a considerable amount of money
resp. manpower which is currently not available. But to get more reliable
information about the roadmap of orthanc you really should get in touch with
the community, see the link above.

Best regards,
Mathias

--

Mathias Behrle
MBSolutions

Tel: +49(761)471023
Fax: +49(761)4770816
http://www.m9s.biz
UStIdNr: DE 142009020
PGP/GnuPG key availabable from any keyserver, ID: 0xD6D09BE48405BBF6
AC29 7E5C 46B9 D0B6 1C71 7681 D6D0 9BE4 8405 BBF6