sudo !! as alias

From: lacsaP Patatetom
Subject: sudo !! as alias
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 09:49:03 +0200

hi,

I have `alias please='sudo $(history -p !!)'` in my `.bashrc` which
more or less corresponds to the command `sudo !!`.
however, the latter benefits from the `histverify` option which brings
some flexibility (modification) and security (validation).

Is it possible to make the `please` alias behave like `sudo !!` (eg.
take into account `histverify` option) ?

I have modified my `please` alias to `echo -n sudo $(history -p !!);
read -s; echo; sudo $(history -p !!)` but I don't have the possibility
to modify the command.
I also tried to use the `fc` command with it but it uses an external
editor, which I don't like.

regards, lacsaP.